The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield is a world-first design made of 100% soft silicone, with an extended teat that puts space between your nipple and your baby’s mouth.
Haakaa’s Nipple Shields suction onto your breast in the event you need it, such as if your little one bites down, pulls away, or if you have inverted or cracked nipples, and it may enable you to continue to nurse your baby at the breast when you otherwise might not, such as when you are experiencing nipple pain or discomfort.
Please note that Our Eco Babies are vocal advocates for breastfeeding, from an attachment perspective, nutritional perspective and an environmental one. We also support women to make informed choices and understand and recognise that there are many varied ways to breastfeed. We do not encourage the use of this product on a permanent basis for an otherwise healthy mother baby dyad, but rather as a breastfeeding aid that provides temporary relief for nipple pain and discomfort while allowing you to continue feeding your baby at the breast. Continuous pain and discomfort from breast feeding is not normal. We encourage all breastfeeding mothers to seek out independent breastfeeding support from their health care provider, midwife or lactation consultant, ideally an IBCLC for assessment and identification of any underlying cause of the pain or discomfort.
- Patented one-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges.
- Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm, making it easier for babies that have difficulty latching.
- Suctions on to all breast shapes.
- The anti-slip ridged outer edge make the nipple shield easier to hold while the baby is feeding.
- Anti-colic and variable flow nipple allows baby to drink continuously without gasping for air or drinking bubbles and prevents them from choking if milk flows too fast.
- Space between mum’s nipple and the nipple shield head prevents baby from biting the nipple or aggravating already sore nipples.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
Includes one shield and a protective case for storage.
Cleaning and Care
Wash before and after each use. Although dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing in warm soapy water and rinsing and drying thoroughly. Do not use any bleach-based cleaners or tablets to sterilise or clean your Haakaa products. To sterilise use a steam steriliser or boil in water for 2-3 minutes.
Caution: Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Children can choke on small projects if left unattended. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended purpose. Store product in a cool dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Excessive stretching may cause tearing.